Miss Casino Bonus – Your #1 Bonus Source
Welcome to Miss Casino Bonus, the number one website with information about casino bonuses, free spins and other casino-related offers. With us, you’ll find the latest information on how bonuses work and a lot of fun facts about the online casino industry. If you have a question and did not find the answer below or in any of our articles, please feel free to contact us at Miss Casino Bonus.
What is a casino bonus?
A casino bonus is an offer that was first seen at land-based casinos. When players exchanged money in to chips they got a little extra in addition to their “deposit”. This was called a bonus. Today, this kind of offer is very common on online casinos and most websites offer you 100% extra or more on your first deposit.
This is called a welcome bonus, and it is the casino’s way of marketing towards new customers. A welcome bonus can come in a few different shapes and sizes, but usually it contains either bonus money you receive on registration, bonus money you receive on deposit or free spins.
How does casino bonuses work?
Casino bonuses are not real money, since they have to be wagered to turn into real money. Wagering means that you have to bet your money on a casino game a certain number of times. Wagering requirements usually range between 20 and 60 times the deposit, so if you have a wagering requirement of 20, then you’ll have to bet your bonus money 20 times to convert them into money you can actually withdraw.
Casino bonuses are one of the biggest expenses a modern casino online have at the moment, and the expense ends up under the casinos marketing budget.
Bonuses with and without wagering requirements
The amount and the wagering requirement is usually where most casino bonuses differ. Standard is you get 100% bonus up to approximately 1000 USD/EUR/GBP with a wagering requirement of 30-40 times the bonus amount.
There are, however, bonuses that are completely without any wagering requirements. Most commonly, it’s free spins bonuses, which you can get up to 20 no deposit free spins on registration. However, there are also deposit bonuses where your deposit is doubled and you get a bonus that does not need to be wagered.
In that case, the bonus works as follows:
- The bonus money you receive is “wager free” but can never be withdrawn as real money.
- All you win with the bonus can withdrawn instantly.
The trend right now is that more and more online casinos choose to offer this kind of casino bonuses, just because it’s better for both parties.
No deposit casino bonuses
When talking about bonuses you get without making a deposit, we usually talk about free spins. However, sometimes you can get up to £/$/€10 free to play with at selected casinos. However, this varies depending on the casino offers. What you usually get is around 20 free spins on Starburst or any similar casino game, but as we said, there are exceptions with much higher no deposit bonuses.
What to consider when selecting bonus
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a casino depending on what bonus offers are offered, but here are the five most important things to keep in mind:
- Check if the wagering requirement is for bonus or bonus + deposit amount. This is something many miss. If it’s 40 times the bonus amount, you’re all good to go. However, if it’s 40 times the bonus amount plus your deposit (on a 100% bonus), it’s in fact 80 in wagering requirements. Big difference!
- What’s the bonus percentage? The higher the better, as long as the other points in this list looks good.
- Are there any limits on how much you can bet with the bonus? This is relatively common, check this before you play so that you do not “abuse” the bonus and loose your winnings.
- Is there a limit on winnings? Super important to check. Sometimes we find limits of £/$/€1000 when using bonus money, and any winnings above the limit will be removed. Not acceptable, and important to double-check.
- Are there rules for on which games you can bet? Sometimes the casino chooses to remove high RTP games from the games that are eligible to play with bonuses. You may want to check this before trying to wager a bonus or something similar.